Thursday, October 19, 2017

Rustic Aspen Wedding Cake

I created this cake for a couple's wedding. She wanted a fall themed, wood stump looking cake. I covered the cake with buttercream icing and then used a crisco based icing for just the aspen white.

Everything but the cake topper and the sticks for the berries was edible. Including the moss! :-)


















I was most proud of my edible moss! I couldn't' find any good examples or instructions online, so I made my own! I used chocolate cake for the "dirt" and the green moss is dyed coconut flour!! It turned out sooo well for my first try!
I was super excited about it! :-) 


2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous cake and looks mouth-watering. My sister is getting married, everything has been finalized. The event space Chicago is decorated but I wonder how everybody forgot the cake. I have to share this post with her because she is going to freak out after this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you so much! Congrats to your sister! Hope everything went well and she got a cake!! :-)

      Delete