Saturday, September 21, 2019

How to Train your Dragon - The Hidden World

My second mirror glaze cake (this is not the typical mirror cake though) and my first time using isomalt in molds like this. I LOVE isomalt! It was so easy and fun to use! I got more bubbles than I wanted the first few times I used the crystal molds (I found them on amazon), but I figured out that tapping the mold hard on the counter multiple time, right after I poured it, got most of the bubbles out. I sculpted the cake, iced it with buttercream, froze the cake for a few hours and then poured the glaze. It was an experiment since I hadn't been able to find a video or instructions on pouring mirror glaze on a non-smooth surface. It came out better than I expected! LOL!
























No comments:

Post a Comment